- Jet air hand dryers might be a quick and easy way to dry off, but scientists say they might actually be spreading germs around public restrooms.
- Researchers say the problem is that jet dryers blow bacteria around, where it can end up contaminating other areas of the bathroom like sinks.
- In fact, a recent study found that bathrooms with jet dryers contained up to five times more bacteria than bathrooms with paper towels.
- That can be a major problem for people with weakened immune systems, which is why scientists are advising hospitals to move away from jet dryers.
- Do you prefer jet dryers or paper towels? Which is a better option environmentally?
Content Goes Here