It is being reported that Taco Bell is getting rid of the Mexican Pizza and we are not happy about this. Especially since it is Tati's favorite menu item. Thanks to honeywhatscooking.com, we have the recipe to make it at home. Our advice is to get the recipe link at the bottom for pictures AND prep time, cook time, calories, and servings...
How to make Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe step by step?
Bake the Tortillas
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Line a tray with foil.
2. Place 2 tortillas on a flat surface and lightly brush both sides of the tortilla with avocado oil.
3. Once preheated, put the tray in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes total, 5 minutes on each side so flip halfway. You can add multiple tortillas at a time.
4. Tortillas are done.
Make the Beans & Chop Veggies
1. In the meantime, make the beans. Empty the contents of the refried beans into a pot and cook on medium heat.
2. Add 1/4 cup of water and taco seasoning. Do not add salt since the taco seasoning has enough salt.
3. In the meantime, chop an onion. Add the onion to the beans. Once heated through, turn off the stove.
4. Chop the tomatoes, scallions, and jalapeno. Set cheese aside.
Assemble Mexican Pizza
1. Spread a couple of dollops of beans over the tortilla.
2. Top off with a little salsa and spread. Use your favorite salsa, or even Taco Bell sauce will work.
3. Place the second piece of tortilla on top.
4. Now top with salsa again. Spread.
5. Top with scallions, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
6. Top with cheese, make sure you get the sides.
7. Place the Mexican Tortilla Pizza back on the foiled tray and into the oven at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes. Check after 3 minutes.
8. Mexican Pizza is ready. Cut into 4 pieces and serve hot with Taco Bell sauce. You can also garnish with onions, cilantro, or sour cream.
FULL RECIPE with pictures, honeywhatscooking.com