Hey San Diego, relive your favorite memories of summer camp with good food, great local beer and fun people. It's summer camp without the counselors AND it's just for adults on June 16 at the San Diego Natural History Museum in Balboa Park.
This edition of The Secret Society of Adultologists will allow you to relive your favorite memories of summer camp. Museum scientists will share rattlesnakes and spiders from our collections. Our rooftop bar will serve specialty cocktails and an exclusive IPA from Thorn Brewing. Activities include Nerf archery, color war, friendship bracelet making, and so much more. Full list of programs and activities below.
Science, craft beer and cocktails, music, storytelling, food, crafts, and art.
The Secret Society of Adultologists is a whole new way to experience The Nat – stay late and rediscover your sense of wonder.
Tickets are $15 for members and $25 for non-members. They include access to all events and activities, and a raffle ticket for a prize drawing. Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
Ticket sales support our collections, exhibitions, environmental education, and of course, our research that has made The Nat an authority in the flora and fauna of our region.
Programs and Activities
- Rattlesnake display with Museum herpetologists
- Scat/tracks match game
- Tent camping in the Atrium
- Poisonous plants guessing game with Museum botanists
- Friendship bracelets
- Bird Scavenger Hunt with San Diego Audubon Society
- “Letters Home”
- Spider display with Museum entomologist
- Paleontology Demonstration Lab open
- Nerf Archery
- “Name that Peak” with Hike San Diego
- Specimen prep with Museum ornithologists
- Merit badges
- Fossil picking with souvenir fossils
- Nature hike through Coast to Cactusexhibition
- Photo booth
- Dance lessons
- Color war
- Camp songs playlist
- Rooftop lounge
- Meet a Western Screech Owl with Project Wildlife