I'm telling you! These are delicious and a big hit for your party. Super Easy too. I also have a killer buffalo chicken wing recipe if you want it. Have fun!
here's another version -- sweet and spicy!
Originally published as Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk egg white; add nuts and cranberries. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
1/4 cup: 211 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.