It is a big deal to land the Michelin guide and to have 5 San Diego restaurants get their stars is exciting for those willing to now deal with the crowd that wants to know the hype or be so grateful they tried these restaurants.
The five San Diego restaurants added to the Michelin Guide California include:
- Callie, 1195 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Menya Ultra, 8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
- Fort Oak, 1011 Fort Stockton Dr, San Diego, CA 92103
- Little Frenchie, 1166 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
- Animae, 969 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101
Are you asking, what is the Michelin guide? Is that the tires? Well, sort of.
The Michelin Guides are a series of guide books published by the French tyre company Michelin for more than a century. The Guide awards up to three Michelin stars for excellence to a select few establishments. The acquisition or loss of a star can have dramatic effects on the success of a restaurant. Michelin also publishes a series of general guides to cities, regions, and countries, the Green Guides.