Man Dies From Flesh Eating Bacteria He Got While at The Beach

posted by Jimmy Nguyen - 

Man dies from flesh eating bacteria he got at beach

A man in Corpus Christi, Texas got a flesh-eating bacteria infection while beach fishing (wade fishing) in the Gulf of Mexico

He was hospitalized and complained about severe leg pains after being in the water. The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District believes it was a form of Vibrio Vulnificus, a bacteria that usually exist in warm waters, where oysters live, may have entered his body through an open wound on his leg. It can also enter your system when eating raw shellfish. Amputations are usually applicable in situations where infections get out of hand.

Vibriosis bacteria is considered a flesh-eating bacteria and is responsible for about 80,000 illnesses each year. There are approximately 100 deaths each year from the bacteria according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

title

Content Goes Here