A Dutch teenager was electrocuted after dropping her smartphone while it was charging into the bathtub
Paramedics performed CPR when they arrived at her home before she was taken to Vrije Universiteit Medical Center in Amsterdam where she stayed for two days. She required surgery to treat hand and stomach burns and muscle damage. Note, the main energy voltage in the Netherlands is 240V compared to 120V in the United States.
When the teen came to, she had no recollection of what had happened.
An accountant by the name of Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, in Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia died in September 2019 after she had dropped her smartphone into the bath while it was charging.