Dr. Michael Moreno from Kaiser Permanente has an important message about keeping your health goals in the new year.
The new year brings an opportunity to improve your health. Set realistic goals, and don’t try to do too much too soon. Even small changes in your health habits can have a great impact. Focus on the 5 pillars of health.
- #1 Diet: Consume more healthy, fresh foods and less processed foods and sugary drinks
- #2 Get active: you can start mall. Begin with a 5-minute walk every day, then gradually increase the time
- #3 Hydration is critical: strive to have 8-10 glasses of water per day
- #4 manage your stress: you can’t always control stressful situations, but you can reduce stress by setting aside time to decompress
- #5 avoid tobacco products: if you use tobacco or vape products, begin by decreasing your usage. Stopping cold turkey is rarely successful
Resolving to improving your health is always a good idea. For more information, go to KP.org/Sandiego